Caring for your shoulder is just as important as caring for the other body parts since your shoulders help shape your whole body. Your shoulder carry a great weight on them and therefore it is essential to treat your shoulder once in a while in order to have a beautiful shoulder to compliment the beautiful figure you have. Thus we have brought for you a few shoulder exercises which will be helpful to relax and pamper your shoulder.
- Stand or sit with back erect. Raise arms to your sides keeping it parallel to the floor and forearms are perpendicular to upper arms and floor. Exhale as you raise the arms upwards so that the elbows are close to your ears. Inhale as you lower the arms to starting position. Perform 15 repetitions to complete one set. Perform 3 sets of this exercise. Avoid fast, jerky movements.
- This is a shoulder relaxing exercise, which you can do at any time during the day. Raise and lower your shoulders. Do it 10 times and relax.
- Stand facing a wall with your hands on the wall and your feet shoulder-width apart. Slowly perform a push-up. Repeat 5 times. Hold for a count of 5. Perform twice a day.
- Sit upright on a chair with armrests; your feet should be touching the floor. Use your arms to slowly rise off the chair. Hold for a count of 5. Repeat 5 times. Perform twice a day.
- Palms face one another. Inhale as you raise arms up and out to sides. Hold arms at shoulder height for a moment before you lower them. Repeat 10 times.
- Slide back in your chair so lower back is supported. Take weights up to shoulder height, palms facing forward. Raise your arms up above your head and then lower them to shoulders. Repeat 10 times. This works both shoulders and triceps.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and knees slightly bent. Keep your chest out and midsection firm, do not arch your back. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your palms facing forward and the dumbbells just above shoulder height. Your elbows should be bent and facing outwards. Now push up, in an arc type motion, so that the dumbbells meet at the top of the movement. Your dumbbells should be at arm length above your head and your elbows should only be slightly bent. Now lower down slowly and repeat 5 times.
- Massage the muscle, which is at the back of you neck on either shoulder with three middle fingers in small circular movements. Do on both sides. The greater the tension the better the effect. This will help relieve tension.
- Then use all your fingers and place your thumbs in the follow behind your collarbone and pinch over the muscle repeatedly. Start from the shoulder and move towards hairline for better results.
- Feel the rim of the shoulder joint and, with your thumb on the front and the balls of your fingers on the back, massage gently. Rub in any excess oil using the palms of your hands.